There are a lot of Epson printer installation guides available online that can help you to install and setup your Epson printer with your computer. However, some of the guides recommend using third party installers which skip the driver installation process. We believe that you should only always use official installation softwares to complete your Epson printer installation. The official installation software also helps you to install Epson printer drivers for Windows during the installation process so you don’t have to face any difficulties later on.
With the help of our experts, we have compiled the simplest guide to help you install Epson printer drivers for Windows during Epson installation process. Before you follow the steps written below in our guide, we will recommend that you ensure that you have a strong internet connection available to you since during the installation process, you will be required to download Epson’s official setup and driver installation software.
The Simplest Guide to Install Epson Printer Drivers for Windows during Epson printer installation process
With the help of the steps written below, you will be able to complete your Epson printer installation process and install Epson printer drivers for Windows. Please note that this guide is made specifically for Windows users however, you can follow the same steps for your Mac device too:
- First, you need to setup your Epson printer’s hardware so that it can be connected to your computer. To do so, remove all the tapes and plastic from around your Epson printer box and then gently remove your printer from the box.
- Now open your printer and remove the tapes and packaging material from inside of it. You can refer to the manual to make sure that you have removed the packaging from it completely.
- Now, adjust the paper tray and put some sheets of paper in it.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and insert them in the ink slots.
- Connect the printer to a power source using the power cord.
- Turn the power on.
- If you are using a wired Epson printer, connect the printer to your Windows device using the USB cable.
- For a wireless Epson printer,press the “Home” button on the control panel so that it opens the menu.
- Select the “Wi-Fi Setup” option from the menu using the arrow keys.
- Now use the “Wi-Fi Setup Wizard” to connect your printer to the same network as your computer. This completes the first part of your Epson printer installation process.
- The next step would be to install Epson printer drivers for Windows in your computer along with installing the printer on your device. To do so, you need to download an official setup software from Epson’s website.
- So, use the browser on your computer to go to Epson’s website.
- Now search for your printer model in the search bar and select your printer model from the search results.
- This should open a page regarding your printer model. Scroll down to the bottom of the page till you see “Recommended Links” on the right side of your screen.
- Now select “Drivers and Downloads” to download and install Epson printer drivers for Windows.
- Now right click on the “Download” option in front of the “Installation guide” menu and select “open in a new tab.” Also, click the “download” option in front of the “Drivers” menu.
- Now go to the new tab and re-enter your model details in the text box of Epson Setup Navi.
Then select “Setup.”
- Now scroll to the “connect” section of the webpage to click “Download.”
- This should begin the download of the software file.
- Run both the files once the download is completed.
- Follow the instructions given by the installation wizard to complete your Epson printer installation process.
Device registration is an important part of the Epson printer installation process. Usually, the setup software asks you to register your device before it installs Epson printer drivers for Windows on your computer. However, if you are not prompted by the wizard to register your device then follow the steps mentioned in the guide to go to “recommended links” section of your printer model’s page [Steps 12-14] and then select “registration” to register your device. Registering the device helps Epson to send you updates that are relevant to you and is also extremely useful when you avail warranty.
If you have followed the steps mentioned in our guide, you would have been able to install Epson printer drivers for Windows and complete your Epson printer installation process. In case you are facing any difficulties or are unable to complete the installation process, you can always reach out to us. We would love to help you out!